Bulk - Vanilla cake mix
- 800 Grams Plain flour
- 750 Grams Caster Sugar
- 45 Grams Baking powder
- 5 Grams Bi Carbonate of soda
- 5 Grams Salt
- 35 Grams Corn flour
- Place all the dry ingredients excluding sugar into a bowl. Sift. (I sifted all into one bowl then sifted into a second bowl until all was combined as it was easier to handle). Add sugar and mix through.
- This dry mix will last as long as the shortest date on your ingredients. Take note and date your storage container. Label with the below wet ingredients to make the cake. Store in the pantry.
- ***To make a cake for a 21cm round cake tin.***
- 400 grams dry cake mix. 2 eggs (medium). 3 tablespoons softened butter. 2/3 cup milk. 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Pre heat oven to 180°C
- Place dry cake mix into a bowl adding softened butter.
- Mix milk, vanilla and eggs into a small bowl and beat.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. (By hand or mix master.)
- Pour the cake batter into a lined cake tin and bake for approx 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Ice
- Store in a sealed container for approx 3 days in the the pantry