Easy chocolate self saucing pudding
The cheapest and easiest pudding you will ever make.
- 1 Chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups Boiling water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons Caster sugar
- Pre heat oven to 180*C
- Make cake mix by directions on the back of the box, mixing by hand with a spoon.
- Pour batter into an oven safe dish.
- Into measured boiling water add cocoa and sugar, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Pour the cocoa mix over the back of a tablespoon over the batter mix (so pouring doesn't pit the batter). The sauce will sink to the bottom, when cooked.
- Bake for approx 25 mins checking with a skewer only the batter depth.
- When done leave to cool for a few minutes. Dust with a little icing sugar if you wish. Serve with ice cream.
I use a $0.70 home brand cake mix for this. This is easy and cheaper than a pudding box mix. Can be frozen. Can make as individual servings, may need extra sauce ingredients. If individual leave room for ice cream in bowl when this is cooked.