Weet Bix biscuits
- 1 cup Crushed weetbix. (5 bix)
- 2 cups Self raising flour
- 1/2 cup Dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 2 beaten Eggs X large
- 250 grams Melted butter or margerine
- 1 cup Choc chips or sultanas. Optional
- Heat oven to 180*C
- Place into a bowl the crushed weet bix, self raising flour, coconut and sugar, stir.
- Melt butter. Beat eggs.
- Add butter to the bowl and give a quick stir then add in the eggs and stir until combined. Add the choc chips or sultanas here if you wish.
- Roll into a ball and firmly flatten, these aren't really a spreading biscuit. Place on a lined baking tray and bake in your preheated oven. When cooked and browned on top place on a cake cooler to cool.
These are not an overly sweet biscuit, if you try one and you think it needs to be sweeter ice them when they are cooled and add more sugar next time. OR add a tablespoon or more sugar to the mix before rolling. Add a teaspoon of ground ginger for variety. Try mixed dried fruit instead of just sultanas. These freeze well when cooked. The dough freezes well when wrapped in cling wrap and sealed in a freezer bag. Divide mixture into 2 or 4 portions and have different flavours. In picture mine are choc chip on the right and ginger on the left.