For either pork belly spare ribs or US styled ribs.
- 1 kilogram Pork ribs
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup Sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup Water or apple juice or orange juice
- 1-2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- If using ribs with bones (US styled) cut into sections of 2 bones each. If using pork belly ribs cut in half.
- Mix all other ingredients together. If you like it with more heat add more chilli, add extra real chopped chillies, it is a very forgiving recipe.
- Add ribs to sauce mix and cover ribs well. Leave for as long as possible to marinate in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 170*C. Bake for about 2 hrs in a covered tray/casserole dish or oven bag. Break open the bag or take off the lid or covering, cook for another 15- 30-ish mins until browned and sticky looking.
- Serve with fried rice, salad or ...
You can take off the rind strip of the pork belly before cooking if you wish. I do my ribs in the 2 bones style as it's easy to serve for us but you can cut into single bone fingers, it will take a little less cooking time. If you make this with a full or half rack it will take probably up to another hour. An oven bag is good for easy clean up don't forget to leave an air opening when tying off. If you think the sauce is a little too thick add a bit of apple juice. Play with the recipe until you find the combination you are happy with.