Coconut cherry slice
Quick and easy
- 1 cup Self raising flour
- 1 cup Coconut
- 1 cup Milk (or coconut milk)
- 1 cup Caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 12 Cherries
- Measure and mix all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add milk and stir to combine.
- Pour into a lined ( 28x18 cm) slice stray.
- Put pitted half cherries randomly on top.
- Preheat oven to 180*C. Bake for approx 25 mins. Cool mostly in tray. Cut and place on a wire cooling rack. Serve.
I use fresh cherries but you could use tinned. I have found that sometimes the cherries sink in the cake and sometimes they stay on top I have no idea why, maybe the size of the cherry? Could you use blueberries probably but I've not tried it. Chocolate chips and cherry quarters sounds like a good combination. You could use less sugar, 3/4 cup. Above is the original recip. This will freeze well.