Make your own packet mixes to store in the freezer until needed for up to 3 months.
Plain muffin master mix
- 8 cups Plain flour
- 1/3 cup Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Bi carbonate soda
- 2/3 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 2/3 cup Caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Blitz all ingredients in a food processor, do in batches if your processor is not a big one. OR in a bowl mix/cut oil into the dry ingredients very very well.
- Add 2 1/3 cups of flour mix to a bowl. Measure 1 cup of milk, add egg and mix. Add the milk to the flour and stir with a spoon until combined to make 1 batch of 12 plain muffins.
- Spoon into muffin pan. Bake in a preheated 175*C oven for about 15 minutes.
- Divide 2 1/3 cups of mix into zip loc bags, this mix should make 5 batches in total. Label each bag with, "muffins, mix in 1 egg and 1 cup of milk" and baking instructions.
- To make them your own add chocolate chips OR Grated apple and cinnamon OR Sultanas or raisins OR Mashed banana and spices OR Blueberries OR raspberries....