Chocolate choc chip biscuits (Cookies)
Use white, dark chocolate, milk chocolate chips or try mini M&M's, nuts and choc chips ...
- 125 Grams Butter or margerine -Softened
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 1/2 cups Plain flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup Choc chips of choice
- Pre heat oven 170-175*C
- Beat butter and sugar by hand or by mixer for a couple of minutes until creamy.
- Turn mixer down add egg and vanilla until combined.
- Add flour half cup at a time until combined. Fold in choc chips. Pop bowl in the fridge for 20-30 mins to chill.
- Line your baking tray. Roll dough into balls and flatten with a wet fork.
- Bake biscuits for 12-14 minutes or until cooked. Sit tray on wire rack for a minute or two then place each biscuit on the wire rack to cool fully.
- Store in an air tight container.
These biscuits freeze well when cooked keeping in a click clack container. The dough freezes well. My preference is to double the batch ingredients, I then divide the dough into 3. I cook 1/3 (freeze 1/2). I then freeze the rest dough of the into 2 bags for a later date. (defrost, roll and bake). When I freeze the dough I wrap in cling film first getting out all the air bubbles. I then date and label in a zip loc bag pulling each dough out as needed. The cooked frozen biscuits take 5 mins to defrost on the bench top so are great if you get unexpected visitors.