Chilli Con Carne
- 2 Kilos Minced beef
- 2 large Onions, diced
- 1 large Capsicum, diced
- 1 340gram Can Kidney beans
- 1 1/4 cups Corn (fresh/frozen)
- 810 gram can Crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons Brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli powder
- Brown minced beef in a large pot and drain excess fat. Add onions and cook until tender.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well. Turn down the stove and simmer until vegetables are cooked.
- Serve with rice and sour cream or greek yoghurt.
I tend to use 2x410g cans of crushed tomatoes, one I leave as crushed and the other I blitz with the Bamix OR you can use a passata/puree. Of course you can use more corn and capsicum if you wish this is a very forgiving recipe. Optional add chunks of ham after the onion cooking step. Our favourite is to bake a huge potato each with skin on then cut a big cross in the top. Load the potato with the con carne and top with Greek yoghurt. This like spaghetti bolognaise can be used as a pizza topping. Cut English muffins in half, top with con carne and grated cheese then pop under the griller to melt the cheese. This freezes well. Pop into meal sized portions in zip lock bags for an easy meal.