NOTE: This recipe is not for the 500g Betty Crocker sized cake mixes.
I buy a home brand (.80cents at Coles or Woolworths in Australia) it is
a smaller packet/box of 340grams therefore I’ve scaled down the
measurements a little.
Cake mix biscuits
- 1 340gram Vanilla packet cake mix
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 2 medium Eggs
- 1/3 cup Chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Sultanas
- Pre heat 170*C oven
- In a medium bowl empty the cake mix. Add sultanas and choc chips
- Beat eggs and oil then pour into the dry ingredients bowl and mix until combined.
- If you think this is a bit sticky pop in the fridge for a bit but if you're ok with the consistency roll into a ball, place on a lined baking tray and flatten firmly with a wet fork.
- Bake the biscuits for approx 12-14 minutes depending on your oven. If you think they are rising too much for your liking flatten gently again at about the 8 minute mark then keep cooking.
- Once cooked place on a wire rack to cool. They should be crispy on the outside and just soft on the inside
Extra large eggs are kept in my fridge so use 1 whole egg and 1 egg white. Olive oil is what I had so I used olive oil in the recipe. Use all chocolate chips or all sultans or other dried fruit. A chocolate cake mix of the same weight would work. The raw dough is freezable as are the cooked biscuits.