Any cooked fruit you like, our favourite is apple with some sultanas and cinnamon, or apple and raspberries or apple and blackberries or blue berries or ...
- 2 tablespoons Rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons Plain flour
- 2 tablespoons Caster or raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons Coconut, flaked or dessicated
- 3 tablespoons Margerine or butter
- 1 Cooked fresh fruit, or tinned pie fruit
- Fruit in the bottom of your oven proof dish. (can use individual serve dishes 1 for each person, leave room for custard or ice cream on top)
- Mix in a bowl with your fingers, the oats, flour, sugar, coconut, and marg/butter.
- Sprinkle the oat and sugar mix over the fruit and bake for approx 20 mins or until golden brown in a preheated 180*C oven.
Optional is chopped almonds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds. To be honest I don't usually use a recipe I just throw in what looks good to me on the day. If you don't like an ingredient leave it out or substitute another. Add more or less of the ingredients, it's a very forgiving recipe. I tend to throw in all of the above. Toast the crumble on a tray by itself and sprinkle over any stewed fruit you like. The crumble will freeze (before cooking, nuts and all). If I make to much I put it in a click clack container in the freezer, next time I'll either add more ingredients to it, or make another batch and throw the 2 leftovers together to freeze for another time. Make a double batch of crumble, use 1 serve and freeze the other for a quick dessert any time. Label it. I cook my apples to just softened with 1/2 teaspoon sugar. I also use half peaches from a tin. Serve warm or cold, with ice cream or custard.