Tahini biscuits (cookies)
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 1 cup Wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Caster sugar
- 3/4 cup Dessicated coconut
- 85 grams Butter or margerine
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Bi carbonate soda
- 1 tablespoon Boiling water
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- Mix oats, flour, sugar and coconut into a bowl.
- Combine butter and honey in a saucepan until melted, set aside.
- Add water to bi-carb, stirring until dissolved and add to honey pot.
- Combine the honey mix to the flour and sugars bowl and stir. Add in tahini and mix well.
- Pre heat oven to 160 *C. Roll into balls and place onto a lined baking tray. Flatten. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Be careful they don't burn. Cool and store.
Add seeds or nuts (sunflower, flax, sesame or chopped nuts, I like almonds or sultanas/raisins or currants. Don't over do it.) This was a slice recipe but I decided to roll into balls to bake as biscuits. You can bake in a slice tray if you wish, baking for about 20-25 minutes. Yes this will freeze.