Quick Yoghurt Cake
- 1 340g Vanilla packet cake mix (or box)
- 3/4 cup Natural yoghurt (unsweetened)
- 3/4 cup Milk
- Measure then mix the yoghurt and the milk together stirring well.
- Empty packet mix into a bowl and pour the yoghurt and milk mix into the bowl. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a lined slice tray (28x18cm) Bake in a preheated 175*C oven for 20 -25 mins checking with a skewer to see if cooked. Cool in tin and turn out.
Original recipe Called for 1 cup of yoghurt and 1 cup of milk but the packet mix was bigger than my home brand 340g so I used less of both of these. I sprinkled mini chocolate chips before baking. Goes well in the freezer. You could try with a flavoured yoghurt but remember they are usually sweetened. I used Greek yoghurt and it turned out quite well and not too tart. This cake does not rise as much as it usually would but it still seems a lightish cake, the acids in the yoghurt helps to aerate. It wasn't heavy like I thought it might be. I'm going to try it with a chocolate mix next time. I'm not sure how a mix from scratch would go but I don't see why it wouldn't work nicely as well.