Here I’m just tweaking my chocolate brownie recipe I posted previously.
Less sugar to be made up with the sweetness of the prunes and a
tad more healthy. I’ve also swapped out the melted butter/margarine
for olive oil in this recipe but you could use liquid coconut oil if you wish.
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla essence
- 10 pitted Prunes
- 1/2 cup Self raising flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder (slightly rounded)
- 2/3 cup Caster sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- Pre heat oven to 170* C
- In a bullet/blender or food processor add the pitted prunes, eggs, vanilla and oil and blitz until well blended.
- Sift cocoa and flour into a bowl, add sugar. Empty the prune mix into the flour bowl and mix until just combined.
- Spread mixture into a lined square cake tin approx 18x18cm. The mix is thick and tacky so it may take a bit to spread it around.
- Bake for about 23-25 minutes or until just baked. Cool in the tin then turnout onto a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar before serving.