This recipe works just as well with cooked pasta spirals, shells etc. instead of the potatoes.
Potatoes with bacon and corn
- 4 Medium Potatoes
- 3 Rashers Bacon
- 1-2 Cobs Corn
- 1/4 cup Cooked peas
- 1/2 Medium Onion
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Butter
- Fresh parsley
- Cracked pepper
- Cut potatoes into 1/8ths and steam or boil until just tender.
- Cook peas. Roughly chop bacon, it's up to you if you keep the fat on or off. Thinly slice onion. Shave the nibblets off the corn cobs with a sharp knife, if you can keep the niblets in clumps all the better but not necessary. Chop parsley.
- When potatoes are cooked to your liking drain and pat dry with paper towel, set aside.
- Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a fry pan and heat adding onion and bacon until tender.
- Add the other tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and add the potatoes to the bacon and onion mixing well to coat. Scrape those yummy stuck bacon and onion bits off the bottom to mix in.
- Add butter then peas, mix. Add corn gently mixing in if you wish to keep the nibblet clumps. Mix in parsley. Serve in a big bowl cracking pepper over the top.
- **If you really wish you can sprinkle grated cheese on top and pop under the griller to melt.