Single serve pudding cups for kids lunch bags or just to set in individual dessert bowls.
Filling for a chocolate pie or small individual tartlets.
Chocolate pudding cups
- 2 1/3 cups Milk
- pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup Caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- Measure milk in a large jug. Measure cornflour into a small bowl. Measure rest of the ingredients excluding milk into a bowl.
- Into the small cornflour bowl add approx 1/3 cup of milk to make a thinnish paste. Slowly add the mix to the milk in the large jug, stirring well. Add cocoa, sugar, salt and vanilla stirring well until all is mixed in (use a wire whisk if needed).
- Option to cook 1. Leave in the microwave safe measuring jug and cook on high for 1 minute increments (1 min, take out and stir/whisk, 1 min take out and stir/whisk etc) until lightly bubbles and has thickened. Watch the bottom for sticking and watch when it's been in for a minute or 3 because as it boils it will rise don't let it boil too much.
- Option to cook 2. Pour into a saucepan and stir constantly over a low to medium heat until lightly bubbles and thickens. Making sure it doesn't stick on the bottom of the saucepan.
- Let cool for 5 mins or so then pour into individual dishes, bowls, lidded containers for lunch bags (leaving lid off until cooled), pie shells or tartlet cases. Refrigerate.
- When ready to serve add fruit and cream, shredded coconut or decoration of your choice and a dob of whipped cream. Keep only for a day or two in the fridge.