- 1/2 Quantity short sweet pastry
- 1 x 400 gram can Crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons Corn flour (corn starch)
- 1-2 teaspoons Sugar if needed.
- In a small dish add the cornflour and a little pineapple juice to make a paste.
- Tip crushed pineapple into a saucepan adding the cornflour paste, stir until thickened on a medium heat. Set aside to cool to about room temp.
- Preheat oven 180*C. Roll out and cut pastry to line a 12 tartlet tray (or the bottom of a pie dish) and blind bake cases for 10 mins. (don't forget the paper lining between pastry and rice or beads)
- Take out rice or beads from blind baking and fill with the pineapple mix. Bake for a further 10-15 mins until pastry is golden.
Serve with ice cream, whipped cream. Sprinkle on coconut or eat just as they are. Keep in fridge. If you wish to use the full pastry mix double the pineapple recipe. Can be done with puff pastry, the blind baking a must to at least half way.