Sweet short pastry
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 1 cup Self raising flour
- 125 grams Shortening (butter)
- 2 tablespoons Caster sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1/4 cup Cold water (approx)
- Sift flours into a bowl and rub shortening through until crumb like. Alternatively put flour into a food processor and blitz shortening until crumb like.
- Add sugar and mix in.
- Add lightly beaten egg yolk and water to the dry ingredients and mix to a dough. Cover and set aside in the fridge for 15 mins or so to make rolling easier.
Can freeze this dough, cling film with no air and a sealed bag. I divide into 2 or 3 portions.