Oaty chocolate chip biscuits
- 1/2 cup Butter or margerine
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 cup Quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon Bi carbonate soda
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1/2 to 1 cup Mixed choc chips
- Measure in a bowl the flour, quick oats, salt and bi carb soda.
- With a mix master beat sugars and butter. Slow down mixer, adding the vanilla and egg.
- Add the flour to the butter and sugar mix in a couple of batches until mixed in. Add in the choc chips and give a quick stir by hand.
- Preheat oven to 160-170*C. Roll mixture into balls and place on a lined baking tray. Flatten with a wet fork. Bake for approx 12-15 mins. Place on a wire rack to cool.
Yes you can freeze the dough. Yes you can freeze the cooked biscuits. Yes you can use white flour or half and half flours. Make your own quick oats by blitzing normal oats in your food processor until they are as you like. Use any chips you like, mine were dark choc, white and some colour coated chocolate bits I found in the pantry.