Using an untoasted muesli these biscuits (or cookies) are pretty good.
- 1 cup Untoasted Muesli OR see below.
- 100 grams Margerine/butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Large egg
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160*C.
- With a mixer beat margerine and sugar until fluffy. Turn mixer down low and mix in vanilla and egg.
- Sift together in another bowl flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Add the muesli and mix until coated.
- Fold flour/muesli into the butter mix until all incorporated.
- It's a soft mix so pop in the fridge for 15 mins. Preheat oven to 160*C.
- Roll balls of biscuit mix and place on a lined tray. These biscuits don't spread much. Flatten firmly with a floured or wet fork. Bake for approx 13-14 mins or until browned and cooked. Place on a wire rack to cool.
** No muesli, mix together ... 1/2 cup rolled oats. 1/4 cup chopped nuts and seeds. 1/4 cup dried fruit. (your choice as long as it comes to 1/2 cup in total of fruit, nuts and seeds) 1 tablespoon coconut. These biscuits when cooked freeze well. If you want them thinnish, after baking about 4mins you may want to flatten them again with a fork, then finish baking.