Probably not your traditional Banana cake
but it’s nice, light and easy to make.
- 1/3 cup Margerine Softened
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar Packed
- 2 Eggs Large
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cups Plain flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Bi carbonate soda
- 1 teaspoon Mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 large Cavendish Bananas Over Ripe
- Measure and sift into a bowl the flour, baking powder, bi -carb and spices
- With an electric mixer beat butter and sugars well. Turn mixer on low and add vanilla, then at one egg at a time to the mix until combined.
- With the mixer on low fold in 1/3 of the sifted flour, alternating with milk, flour, milk, flour until all combined then turn the mixer up to 3/4 speed for 30 seconds or so.
- Mash bananas on a plate then fold into the batter with a spoon until combined.
- Pour batter evenly into 2 lined loaf tins (approx 12 x 22cm). Pop pans into a pre heated 175*C oven for approx 30 mins checking with a skewer that the cake is cooked.
- Cool for 5 mins in the pans then turn out onto a wire rack to cool fully.