Mini Pineapple upside down cakes
- 60 grams Soft butter OR margarine
- 1/3 cup Caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Large egg
- 1 cup Self raising flour
- 1/3 cup Milk
- Tin Pineapple pieces
- 3 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Caster sugar
- 6 tablespoons Butter or Marg
- Cherries Optional
- In a bowl beat 60g butter and 1/3 cup caster sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla and egg and beat until incorporated.
- Mix in half the flour, then milk then the rest of the flour. Beat to make a nice smooth batter.
- Mix the topping sugar and butter together and distribute between the 6 muffin moulds, you may or may not use all the mix, that is up to you. Pop in your pineapple pieces (4 or 5) add a cherry in the centre at this point if you wish.
- Distribute the cake batter evenly over the top of the pineapple.
- Bake in a preheated 175*C oven for approx 22 minutes, it depends on your oven.
- When these are baked run a knife around the edge of each cake and very carefully do the double cake rack flip over, watch for the pineapple and sugar as they will be very hot. If any pineapple falls off quickly pop it back on the cakes and let cool. Serve with cream or ice cream.
Option as shown in the picture do half pineapple and half apple. After doing 3 pineapple ones I added some cinnamon to the sugar butter mix, popped in some fresh apple pieces to make a variety. This does make 6 texas muffin (large) size nicely so if you want more double the mix. These can be frozen but watch the fruit it can sometimes defrost at a different time to the cake. Both apple and pineapple are great served warm or cold.