For wings, thighs and drumsticks.
Honey soy BBQ chicken marinade
- 3 Kilograms Chicken wings
- 1/2 Cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 Cup Tomato sauce
- 1 Cup Sweet chili sauce
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground/chopped chili (optional)
- Trim and segment chicken wings. I cut the mini drum end and keep the tip and middle together.
- Mix all ingredients together including chicken, I find it's easiest to do with your hands.
- Best to marinate for 2 hours or more, over night is great.
- These are cooked on a not too hot bbq plate turning often. Due to the sugar content in the sauces and the honey you need to watch for burning. Alternatively you can bake in the oven (which may take a little longer, turning once or twice) or in a fry pan. They will take anywhere from 15-30 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking pour the leftover marinade into a saucepan to cook. Medium heat, once small bubbles start to form turn right down to simmer and reduce a little. If your chicken is still cooking and your sauce is ready just turn off the heat and let saucepan sit. This is your dipping sauce.
Play with the amounts until you're happy with the outcome.