Honey nut squares
- 1/2 cup Quick oats
- 1 cup Raw nuts
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon Linseeds
- 1 teaspoon Coconut
- 2 tablspoons Sesame seeds
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Honey
- In a food processor (or roughly chop to small) blitz your nuts, but not too fine.
- Add to a bowl your nuts and other dry ingredients, leave aside half your sesame seeds.
- Measure and warm your honey. This can be done in a microwave for 10-20 seconds.
- Mix your honey into the nut and oat bowl mixing and coating the ingredients well. This makes a very sticky mix as honey is your binder.
- Press firmly into a square lined cake tin. I needed a small piece of baking paper to press this in with as it sticks to your hands, but you could spray oil your hand if you wish. Sprinkle with the rest of the sesame seeds.
- Set in fridge. This will still be soft even when set. Pull out with the liner and cut into squares. Store in the fridge in a sealed container.
You can roll this into balls and roll in sesame seeds. Make sure you spray your hands, it sticks. You can blitz your nuts and oats as fine as you like but I like the crunch and textures of the odd sizes. In this I used walnuts and almonds. I used rolled oats and blitzed to quick oat size. This is great to have in the fridge when you want that something sweet fix. If you really want you can mix in small choc chips. Really you can play with the ingredients as much as you like, as long as you have the honey to bind it together ... go for it!