I like taste of Falafels but for me they are a little dry, I feel the need to break/crumble them up and smother them in Tzatziki, yoghurt or mayo. This is my version that is thinner and no so dry, a great quick snack or as a meal.
- 400 Gram tin Chickpeas
- 1 Small Carrot (grated)
- 3 Sices Onion (fine chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Cooked Peas (chopped)
- 1 Egg (small)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Harissa (or herbs)
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 2 Pinches Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil (for frying)
- Drain chick peas then blitz with harissa and egg in a bullet or food processor.
- Empty blitzed chickpeas into a bowl then blend in other ingredients.
- Heat oil in a frying pan (about 3/4 heat)
- Form mixture into rounds about golf ball size. And place into the frying pan then flatten to desired thickness.
- Cook through until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with a salad