A really easy base recipe for muffins.
- 3 cups Self raising flour
- 1 cup Caster sugar
- 1 cup Almond meal
- 250 grams Marg or butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 4 Eggs
- Add flour, sugar and almond meal to a large bowl. Mix.
- Melt butter in the microwave, let cool.
- In jug measure milk, add eggs and mix with a fork.
- Add all wet ingredients to the dry ingredient bowl, folding all together until combined. Don't over mix.
- Spoon into muffin tray with paper liners until just under full. Bake in a preheated 175*C oven for 20 minutes or until browned and cooked checking with a skewer. Cool on a wire rack.
Once all ingredients are mixed I separate into 3 bowls, adding different extras to each bowl. Raspberries and almonds or flaked coconut, or choc chips, or cinnamon sultanas and walnuts, or M&Ms, or blueberries or ... If you're not a fan of almond meal or don't have any just use all flour or oat flour (oat flour = oats blitzed in a processor until it's as fine as you like it.) These once cooked freeze well.