- 2 Med/Lge Bananas Ripe
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup (Optional)
- 125 grams Butter/margerine Melted
- 1 1/2 cups Plain flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Caster sugar
- Pre heat oven to 175*C.
- In a bowl sift flour and baking powder. Add cinnamon and sugar.
- Melt butter in a bowl or jug.
- In another bowl mash bananas, add eggs, milk, (maple syrup if using) and mix well.
- Fold flour mix into wet ingredients bowl, don't over mix.
- Line a muffin tray with papers. Divide batter evenly. This mix should fill 12 papers nicely.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, check with a skewer to make sure muffins are cooked. Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving if you wish or drizzle on icing over the top.
These freeze well. Make in a loaf tin. 2/3 is sweet enough, you could possibly knock back sugar to half and do 3 tabs of maple syrup, see what you find nicest. Try honey it would make a nice difference