Banana Maple loaf
- 1 1/2 Cups Plain flour
- 1/2 Cup Caster sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Extra Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Maple syrup
- 120 Grams Butter or margerine
- 2 Large Bananas - Very ripe
- 1/3 Cup Chopped walnuts - Optional
- Pre heat oven 165-170*C
- In a large bowl sift flour and baking powder, add sugar and stir. Add 3/4 of the optional walnuts here.
- In a bowl or jug mix maple syrup and eggs.
- Mash the banana on a plate then add to the egg mix.
- Melt butter.
- Add banana and milk mix to flour and stir a couple of times.
- Add melted butter to the mix then fold into the flour until all is just combined. Do NOT over mix.
- Pour batter into a lined loaf tin approx 24 x 14cm. Sprinkle remaining walnuts on top.
- Bake for approx 45-50 minutes testing with a skewer.
- Mostly cool in tin, turn out onto a wire rack to completely cool. Keeps in the fridge for approx 3 days.
Slice and freeze. Add spices to the flour mix. Ice if you wish or dust with icing sugar. Add a handful of sultanas. Slice, carefully heat in the toaster or under griller then butter. Can be made into muffins adjusting cooking times.