Weet-Bix are a cereal biscuit.
- 5 Weet - bix biscuits
- 2 cups Self raising flour
- 2 cups Dessicated coconut
- 1 1/2 cups Brown sugar
- 1/3 cups cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 250 grams Butter or Marg
- 1/3 cup Golden syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa (well rounded)
- 1 or 2 drops Vanilla
- Oven 180*C. In a food processor (or by hand crush) blitz the weet-bix biscuits fairly finely,
- Once the weet-bix are crushed add in the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cocoa. Give a quick blitz to mix.
- Add to a large bowl the coconut and the weet-bix mix and stir.
- In a microwave bowl or jug add butter and golden syrup. Nuke on high for about 50-60 seconds or until melted.
- Immediately add butter and syrup mix to the weet-bix bowl making sure it's well blended from the bottom up. It's a fairly stiff mix.
- Spread and press down fairly firmly and evenly into a lined lamington tray (approx 34x24cm). Bake for approx 25 mins or until done.
- Blend the 1 tablespoon of cocoa with icing sugar and vanilla with enough boiling water to mix to icing consistency. Ice slice straight away and leave to cool totally in tray.
- Cut and serve.
The slice has to be cold to take out of tray or it will crack. I lift out of the tray carefully with the baking paper onto a board, then cut. The reason I don't put the coconut in the processor is that the coconut to me is small enough I don't want it smaller but there is no reason you can't add it to the processor. It's a fairly big mix halve it if need be. You can use a little less margarine but only so much before it starts to crumble. This slice freezes well in a sealed container. Coconut oil works with this recipe instead of butter or margarine.