I had a few issues with this recipe, see notes.
Weet Bix ANZAC biscuits
- 4 biscuits Weet Bix
- 1/2 cup Self raising flour
- 1/2 cup Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Coconut Dessicated
- 1/3 cup Raw Sugar
- 1/4 cup Golden syrup
- 110 grams Butter or margerine
- Preheat oven to 170*C
- Blitz weet bix in a food processor and pour into a bowl.
- Add all the dry ingredients into the bowl with the weet bix and mix.
- Melt butter and golden syrup together in the microwave or on the stove.
- Pour the golden syrup mix over the combined oats and fold until combined.
- Roll into balls, flatten onto a lined tray and bake in a pre heated 160*C heat oven for 12-15 minutes. Place on a wire rack and cool.
I found this recipe a little difficult to complete as no matter what I did I could not roll into a ball. I ended up scooping mix into a metal tablespoon and pressing really firmly against the edge of the bowl then carefully sliding off the spoon onto the tray and flattening a little and re shaping with a fork. They were not exactly dry but wouldn't stick together, maybe the weet bix? Although these biscuits did come out ok I'm not sure I'd make them again they neither tasted like weet bix biscuits nor ANZAC biscuits I think I'll stick to one or the other. I did add an extra 1/2 cup of mixed chopped nuts and sultanas but I didn't think enough to not make these roll into a ball as I do this all the time with ANZACs. If anyone does try this recipe let me know how yours turn out.