- 2 sheets Frozen puff pastry I use Borgs an Aussie brand
- 4 link Pork sausages
- 1/2 small Onion
- 1 small Carrot
- Herbs of your choice
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- Preheat oven to 220*C. Take your 2 frozen pastry sheets out to defrost.
- Squeeze the sausages out of their skins into a bowl. Add the grated carrot, onion and herbs.
- The best way to mix these ingredients together is to use your hands and squish it.
- When your pastry is defrosted cut in half left to right to make 2 rectangles per sheet, 4 in total.
- Divide the sausage meat into 4, spread and mound long ways down the middle of the strips on the pastry.
- Brush along 1 edge of the pastry with milk. Roll the pastry along the length to encase the sausage meat. Make sure the overlap is underneath.
- Cut each length into 6 pieces then place pieces on a lined tray. Brush the tops and sides with milk. Bake for approx 20mins or until cooked and golden brown. Eat straight away with dipping sauce.
Optional, sprinkle sesame or poppy seeds on top of pastry after brushing with milk. Use any sausage you wish, our favourites are chicken or pork but you can use beef or lamb or ... You can use sausage meat but I have found it's very fatty so I use sausages. Add chopped bacon to the meat mix. Add in a bit of grated cheese. Put a tablespoon or 2 of sweet chili sauce into the mix. Cut the pastry rolls to size and amount you wish, 8 gives you smaller ones, cut 4 for bigger ones. Of course the more you add to the sausage meat the more filling it will give you so you can either defrost more pastry to make more rolls, cook and freeze or you can cook any leftover meat mix for a sausage and egg muffin for breakfast or snack.