Pasta with chorizo & chicken
- 1 Chorizo sausage
- 1 Chicken breast (both sides)
- 1/2 Onion
- 2-3 cups Pasta of choice
- 1/2 cup Frozen peas
- 1/2 cup Frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- bunch Chopped parsley
- cracked Pepper
- Cook the pasta, cook the corn, cook the peas.
- Cut up chicken breast into bite sized pieces, slice the chorizo and roughly slice up the onion.
- Heat up your fry pan (not too small you need a bit of tossing room) then add the chorizo, when it starts to sizzle add in the chicken pieces and when the chicken is half cooked add in the onion. Keep stirring periodically too keep from sticking on the bottom of the pan. There should be enough oil in the chorizo to keep it all going smoothly but add a little olive oil if needed.
- Once the chicken is cooked add in the peas, corn, pasta and toss. Spread to the edges then add the butter to the middle and melt, once melted mix the butter through all in the pan.
- Before serving add the chopped parsley and the cracked pepper giving a quick stir. Serve with herb or garlic bread.
Instead of using chorizo use a few rashers of chopped bacon. In a pinch use thick sliced hot dog sausages. Use leftover chopped up BBQ chicken be gentle in your stirring and add with pasta and veg. Instead of using cooked pasta use cooked large diced potatoes. You may or may not need more butter. This is a very forgiving recipe add more of what you like or less of what you don't like.