Sweet potato cakes or sweet potato fritters, same taste different names.
Sweet potato cakes
- 1 sm-medium Sweet potato See picture
- 1 X large Egg
- 3-4 tablespoons Plain flour
- 1 tablespoon Herbs of choice
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Peel and grate the sweet potato into a bowl
- Add flour and herbs then mix to coat sweet potato.
- Add beaten egg and mix with a spoon or your hand.
- Add oil to your frying pan, stove top heat about 3/4.
- While the stove is heating roughly divide the sweet potato mix into 6 portions. When the oil is hot spoon in and vaguely flatten with the back of the spoon (1.5cm-ish thick).
- Fry until cooked 2ish minutes each side, turning down heat if needed they should be a nice golden brown. Place onto paper towel to drain then lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper if needed. Serve with sour cream or greek yoghurt.