Oven cooked beef skirt steak
- 600 gram Beef skirt - Give or take
- 1- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pork or anything seasoning - Or other
- Olive oil
- I cut mine in half as it fits in my lidded stove top to oven pan best. Don't cook in a pan too big for the meat it will dry out.
- On stove top turn heat on almost full add a little oil. While heating pop your meat on a board and sprinkle with olive oil and seasoning. Sear meat on both sides one piece at a time if you've cut yours in half. Turn heat off pop on lid and place into a preheated 160*C oven for about 45 mins turn over and another 45 ish mins (if you think it needs moisture add a couple of tabs of hot water into the pan) . Keep lid on and cook until very tender.
- When served cut in 2cm thick slices, too thin and it falls apart, pour on beef gravy.
My favourite seasoning to use is pork or anything seasoning. I sometimes pop my potatoes and carrots in with about an hour left to cook. Depending on pan size oven heat and meat weight it can take a bit more or a little less in cooking time just keep an eye on it.