There were no hazelnuts in my pantry to make into meal so I’ve made this recipe with almond meal I ground in a coffee grinder.
I found this recipe in my Sunday paper today and thought I’d give it a go as I needed to make biscuits/cookies for the coming week.
Donna Hay Choc chip hazelnut cookies
- 1 3/4 cup Hazelnut meal
- 1/4 cup Corn flour
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1 teas Baking Powder
- 100 grams Unsalted butter -Melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 teas Vanilla essence
- 150 grams Dark choc chopped
- In a bowl mix hazelnut meal, cornflour, sugars and baking powder.
- In a small bowl beat egg and vanilla. Melt butter.
- Add melted butter and egg to the dry ingredients, mix well.
- Roll into balls on a lined baking tray (these will spread leave room between)
- Bake in a 160*C preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool.