Chicken or beef or vegetable.
Cuppa soup (single or family sizes)
- 1 Cup powdered milk
- 1/3 Cup Corn flour
- 2 (rounded) Tablepoons Chicken stock powder. Or beef or vegetable
- 1 Teaspoon Onion powder.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/4 Teaspoon White pepper
- Sift milk powder, cornflour, stock powder and pepper into a bowl or large jug.
- Add other ingredients and whisk or stir all together.
- Pour into an air tight jar/container and seal.
- The date on your powdered milk will be your use by date.
- To use for a single serve soup add 2-3 teaspoons to a mug and stir in a little water to make a paste. Add more water to fill cup while stirring. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir microwave for 30 seconds until thickened and hot to taste. Cups size matters, adjust amounts.
- Family serve approx 1/3- 1/2 cup of soup mix in 500ml water. The ratio will really depend on how many you wish to feed and how thick you wish your soup to be. Same as single serve for microwave. If making in a saucepan make to paste add water and keep stirring on a medium heat until soft bubbles.
- Is also great as a quick pasta sauce base just adjust your amounts of soup mix to water.
- You can't add boiling water to soup base as it seems to curdle your milk powder. In truth the microwave and the jug boiling come pretty close in time.
If my instructions are hard to understand my apologies I'll answer any questions you have. This is so easy to make and have in your pantry. Use for lots of things just changing your soup mix and water ratios. Instead of a white sauce and add a little grated cheese. Pasta sauce. Over rice sauce. Soup for 1 or soup for many.
Is the Corn flour here, corn starch?
Jennifer Marsden, yes as far as I’m aware corn flour and corn starch are the same thing.