Cinnamon butter cake loaf
- 3/4 cup Margerine or butter -Soft
- 3/4 cup Caster sugar
- 2 1/2 cups Self raising flour
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Loaves Topping
- 1/2 cup Margerine or butter
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar, packed
- 3-4 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- In a bowl or mixer beat caster sugar and margerine until light and fluffy. Add vanilla essence.
- Add beaten eggs to the margerine and sugar half at a time until incorporated.
- Mix in flour, milk then flour. Then beat a little faster for a minute. Pour batter into 2 lined loaf tins.
- Mix up the cinnamon, brown sugar and cinnamon topping mix. In teaspoonfuls blob half over each loaf with a knife and sort of swirl down into cake to sort of marble into the batter.
- Place on the middle shelf in a preheated 175*C for about 25-30 minutes (mine takes 28 mins) testing with a skewer.
- Let cool in the tins for about 5 minutes then turn onto a wire rack. Be careful of the outer butter sugar deposits it may still be a bit liquidy where it melted down the sides or stick to the paper lining.
- *Option to ice when turned out. To make use - 1 cup icing sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and enough hot water in small increments to give the icing the consistency to just pour/drizzle the icing on.
This cake can be frozen when baked either whole or sliced. Instead of using the butter and sugar mix on both halve the topping mix and do something different with the 2nd loaf - lemon curd, passion fruit pulp, apple or peach chunks on top, choc chips etc if you wish. I did one with cinnamon and sugar topping and one with lemon curd topping. Picture is cinnamon with cinnamon icing. Ingredients listed are to make 2 cinnamon loaves. I used margerine that I make sandwiches with. To make self raising flour use 1 cup of plain flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and sift together.