Chocolate Cheesecake Balls
Nice to have as a light snack or a light dessert.
- 300 grams Chocolate flavoured cream biscuits (oreo styled biscuit)
- 250 grams Cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Dessicated coconut
- Put all biscuits in a food processor and blend until fine crumbs.
- In a bowl mix biscuit crumbs well with softened cream cheese.
- Roll into small balls and roll to coat in the coconut, repeat until mixture is gone.
- Refrigerate until set firmly or for a quick set 15 minutes or so in the freezer.
You can also roll chocolate balls in grated chocolate. I have successfully made these with lemon cream biscuits with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, but had to add a couple more biscuits to the food processor. I have successfully made these with gingernut biscuits with a little chopped crystallised ginger rolled in coconut. You can use TimTams but my suggestion would be to leave the balls over night as the Timtams are a slightly harder biscuit. It seems that as long as you have your basic cream cheese and cream biscuit weights you can do the flavours you like. I've also found these freeze well so can be made in advance or so that you don't eat them all at once.