Christmas time sweet.
- 4 cups Rice Bubbles
- 1 cup Coconut
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 3/4 cup Icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 200 grams copha (solidified coconut oil)
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Cut copha into cubes and melt in a bowl in the microwave, the smaller the pieces the quicker it will melt, approx 1 minute on high, melted but not boiling hot.
- Pour vanilla into copha and mix, then pour over the rice bubble mix making sure all the dry ingredients are coated in copha.
- Press into a lined slice tray, refrigerate, and cut into squares (it doesn't always cut where you want it to). Keep refrigerated. This will keep up to a week.
- How many pieces depends on how big you cut your squares.
This mix can be put into small patty papers for individual servings, you will have to carefully push mix together, can top with a cherry piece. You can put up to 1 cup of dried fruit into this mix, BUT my preference is to put 1/2 cup sultanas and 1/2 cup of chopped jube type lollies, eg berries or snakes cut into 1 cm lengths (lots of colours and gives that jewel effect). If you do buy jubes with a sugar coating be aware they will give the slice a slightly gritty texture, brush off a much as you can. OR you can just put in the cut up jubes/snakes to approx 1 cup. Don't have copha try coconut oil. I have successfully made this with coconut oil instead of the copha, mix in 100-200grams pour and mix pour and mix as you go until all rice bubbles are coated with the oil and dry mix. Set as per recipe.