- 2 1/2 cups Self raising flour
- 3/4 cup Margarine or butter
- 2 Beaten egg
- 1 cup Caster or raw sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180*C. Make sure your shortening (butter or margarine) is soft. Beat butter and sugar. Add vanilla.
- Fold eggs in one at a time.
- Mix in flour, milk then flour.
- Pour batter into a lined slice tray (18x28cm) and bake for 25 mins or until cooked, test with a skewer.
- Cool for a minute or 2 then turn out onto a wire cake rack to finish cooling down. Ice and serve.
I iced the cake in the pic with orange icing; icing sugar, fresh orange juice with pulp to just thick enough. Great with lemon icing; icing sugar, lemon juice and water. (I like this tart and lemony so I use a lot of juice and not much water). Or passionfruit icing. Yes you can freeze.