Banana Yogurt Cake
Banana Yoghurt Cake
- 250 grams Plain flour
- 1 teaspoon Bi carbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 110 grams Butter/margerine
- 300 grams Caster sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 220 ml Greek yoghurt I used low fat.
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 ripe Bananas, mashed
- 60 grams Walnuts, chopped Optional
- Sift flour, bi- carb and salt, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter and sugar. When light and fluffy add vanilla and slowly beat in eggs and yoghurt. Then fold in by hand the mashed bananas.
- Fold in by hand the sifted flour with nuts, mixing until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 175-180*C. Spray oil and line a slice tray (28x18cm).
- Bake for about 45 mins depends on your oven. Test with a skewer. Take out of oven and cool in the tin on a wire rack. If you wish to ice you can do this now while still warm or put on a cream cheese icing when properly cooled. Cut into squares or slices to serve.
I freeze this and it defrosts nicely on the bench. The original recipe had sour cream I don't really use sour cream so subbed in the yoghurt, this works so well and it made a nice moist banana cake.