- 100 grams Unsalted butter
- 170 grams Caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 80 grams Almond meal
- 150 grams Plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Almond flakes
- Sift flour and baking powder together, add almond meal and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl together until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla then eggs
- Fold in flour and meal to the butter and sugar mix. Then stir in milk to a smooth batter but don't over do.
- Spoon into patty papers or silicone cupcake moulds. Bake in a preheated 170*C oven for about 20 minutes. Cool and ice.
Either sprinkle almond flakes on top of cakes before going into the oven to bake or sprinkle on top once they've been iced. Leave off almond flakes and use a lemon icing. They are light, fluffy and moist. Yes you could probably put in less butter or sugar but I don't, I like this recipe as it, I don't play with it. Yes these can be frozen.