Thanks to my friend Linda
Honey jumble spice biscuits
- 2 cups Plain flour
- 1/2 cup Self raising flour
- 3 teaspoon Ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Mixed spice
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Golden syrup
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Oil (vegetable)
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cups Icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 Egg white
- Sift and mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Beat egg then add in and mix all liquid ingredients for the biscuits.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl, this will make a sticky biscuit dough.
- On a floured board roll dough pieces into a 2cm thick long log and cut small logs into 4 or 5 cm pieces OR take small pieces of dough and roll into similar sized logs.
- Place log pieces onto a lined tray flattening each log a little. Pop the tray into a 200*C pre heated oven and bake for approx 8-10 minutes or until just brown.
- Watch they don't burn. When baked place onto a wire rack to cool.
- To make icing that will dry to a hard consistency ... Mix a well beaten egg white with the icing sugar and lemon juice. Store in an airtight container.
I don't ice these biscuits, this is how Linda wrote out the recipe for me. I do dust with icing sugar before serving. I do freeze these baked biscuits minus the icing sugar. In reality you can make these any shape you wish, logs are nice for a change and how honey jumbles are.