This is a recipe for 4 slices of savoury french toast cooked in a flat sandwich press.
Great for breakfast with bacon or with a salad for dinner or just as a filling snack.
- 4 slices White bread
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Water or Milk
- 1 teaspoon Mixed herbs /Seasonings
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil or Butter (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Turn on and heat up your sandwich press.
- Beat eggs, water and herbs or seasonings in a dish you can fit your bread slices into.
- When your sandwich press is hot enough open up. Dunk your bread slice into the egg mix coating on both sides and place onto the hot press surface, repeat with the other slices. Close lid.
- Leave lid closed on your egged up bread for about 2-ish minutes then gently open to see how it's going. When the egged bread is browned to your liking, serve immediately with a little cracked pepper and salt.
- OPTION 1. Spreading a little olive oil or butter on a heated frying pan surface you can still cook your egged up bread you just have to flip it half way to cook the other side. OPTION 2. Before you add the bread to your heated sandwich press spread on a little butter if you like that buttery flavour on your eggy bread. OPTION 3. Use spray oil instead of oil or butter. I find on my non stick sandwich press I don't need any of the above only if I make this in a frypan.