Coffee Scroll biscuits
- 1 1/2 Cup Plain flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Packed brown sugar
- 1 Egg white
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Currants (or chopped sultanas)
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon All spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- Pink chocolate top
- 100 Grams White chocolate melts
- Pink food colouring
- Beat softened butter and sugar.
- Mix in vanilla then mix in egg white.
- Fold in dry ingredients.
- Fold in currants.
- Cover the bowl and pop in the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven.
- Roll dough onto a lightly floured board or between to sheets of baking paper. About 3mm- ish thick.
- Using a circle cutter cut the rounds and place on a baking tray. To get the scroll effect lightly indent the top with a smaller round cutter or another smaller round item to give the 'scrolled' effect.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until baked. Place on a cooling rack.
- Pink chocolate top.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in small 75% boosts being careful not to over do it.Pop a touch of the food colouring into the chocolate and mix until you're happy with the colour. Dab and spread onto each biscuit.
- Store in a sealed container for up to a week.
I divide the dough in 2 and freeze half for another time. Yes you can pop normal pink icing on top but the white chocolate is what makes these biscuits perfect.