- 3/4 cup Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- pinch Salt
- 3/4 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 cup Choc chips Optional
- Measure oats and blitz in a food processor or blender. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and blitz until the oats are fairly fine.
- Add the measured yoghurt and the egg to the dry bowl ingredients and blitz until all combined. If you feel it's a little too thick and sticky add a couple of tablespoons (up to 1/4 cup) of milk and blitz.
- Pour into a lined square cake tin and spread evenly.
- Bake in a preheated 190*C oven for about 15 mins or until only just cooked. Cool in tin.
- Invert tin and cut into squares. Dust with icing sugar.
If you don't have a food processor or blender use quick oats but they will stand out a bit more than the finer ground ones. Option is chopped walnuts or as stated choc chip flavour of your choice. I use a low fat Greek yogurt (chobani brand, blue writing) If you don't have quite enough yoghurt top up the measurement with milk to make the 3/4 cup. I have frozen this and it turned out ok but to be honest it's all eaten and I don't really need to freeze.