A quick and easy back of the jar recipe.
I use Sweet Spiced Gherkins
- 1 cup Whole egg mayonnaise
- 4 Sm-Med Gherkins
- 2 teaspoons Gherkin juice
- 2 tablespoons Chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop gherkins and parsley and pop into a bowl.
- Measure in mayonnaise and gherkin juice and mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
I personally only use 1/2 cup of mayo as I like the gherkin flavour, also using only half a cup of mayo it is used in one sitting. A smidge of pepper, no salt is all the seasoning I use. Low fat whole egg mayonnaise is what I use. Everything in this recipe is to taste so if you want more or less of any of the ingredients go for it. I would not keep this for more than a couple of days in the fridge.