Stuffed Zucchini - Easy
- 2 Med- Large Zucchini
- 2-3 Rashers Bacon Trimmed
- 1/2 Cup Cheese Grated
- 1/2 Small Onion Diced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes Deseeded
- Ground pepper
- Sour cream Optional
- Heat griller. (broiler)
- Pan fry bacon, onion then add tomato and simmer until tender. Set aside in a bowl.
- Slice zucchini length ways and pan fry cut side down until just tender.
- Season bacon mix with pepper to taste, add half the grated cheese and mix all together.
- Carefully scoop out the softened seeds along the centre of the zucchini then place on a tray, cut side up.
- Carefully spread the cheesy bacon mix along the centre of the 4 zucchini pieces. Top with more cheese
- Pop under the griller to melt and brown the cheese. Serve with a spoon of sour cream (or Greek yoghurt) on top.
Off course add more of any of the ingredients to your own taste. Bake in an oven if you wish, I'd go for 180*C until zucchini is tender and cheese browned. Line a baking tray with browned but uncooked zucchini, cover with spaghetti sauce/bolognese and top with grated cheese, then bake. Play with it.