Explore your options on this easy pizza recipe, please see post here.Explore your options on this easy pizza recipe, please see post here.
Pizza and dough.
- 1 kilogram 00 Plain Flour Tipo 00
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 x 7 grams Dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon Caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 650 millilitres Lukewarm water
- In a jug or bowl measure your lukewarm water, add sugar and yeast and set aside to froth.
- In your mixer bowl add approx 3/4 of your flour and the salt.
- Once your yeast has frothed add the oil, give a quick stir as you add to the bowl of flour. With your dough hooks in slowly get your mixer up to the dough setting on your speed dial. When mostly mixed add the last of the flour and mix for approx 3 to 4 minutes and well mixed.
- Turn onto a lightly floured pastry or dough sheet, knock down (a sorta punch) and knead for a few minutes. I do this by doing the quarter turn, fold over the dough, push in with the heel of the hand 20 times. Check the flour on the board and then another 20 quarter turns. In a spray oiled bowl let the dough rise covered in a warm place for 40 minutes.
- To make your pizza cut dough into 2 or 3 pieces, make a ball then roll as per pizza, add toppings. Bake in a 220-230*C oven for approx 10 minutes. Use a pizza stone if you have one or a baking tray if you don't, keep an eye on it. I cook mine on a pizza stone in my Webber BBQ for 7 minutes.
You can freeze the raw dough, wrap in cling film taking out all the air bubbles and put in a zip lock or freezer bag. Defrost and use for pizza base. For a nice light bread dough add another 7g sachet of yeast. Rise dough in bowl 40 mins. Punch down and knead. Cut dough into 2 and pop into 2 bread tins to rise for a further 40 mins. Bake in heated oven for approx 25 mins. Tip out and cool. You can freeze the baked bread and other options made. Photo is my variation on this recipe, cheese and vegemite scrolls.