Pineapple passion fruit cake
- 75 grams Softened butter or margerine
- 3/4 cups Caster sugar
- 2 cups Self raising flour
- 1/2 cup Passion fruit pulp
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Crushed pineapple in syrup Don't drain.
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth and whitish in colour.
- Measure flour and set aside.
- In a jug or bowl measure milk, vanilla, pineapple and passion fruit then stir.
- Into the butter and sugar bowl mix in half the flour, add the milk mixture, mix then add the rest of the flour until a smooth batter.
- Line a 33 X 23cm lamington tray and pour the cake batter evenly in. Bake in a preheated 175*C oven for 20-25 minutes checking with a skewer.
- Turn cake out of pan with 2 cake coolers so the cake does not break. Use any leftover passion fruit pulp to make a passion fruit icing and ice while still warm then let cool completely. Serve
You can use fresh or canned passion fruit pulp. This is a nice moist cake. This does freeze well in an air tight bag or container.