Better than a muesli bar.
Oat and nut rounds
- 1/3 Cup Wholemeal plain flour
- 1/3 Cup Chickpea flour (or more wholemeal instead)
- 1/3 Cup Chopped nuts
- 1/3 Cup Choped dried fruit
- 1/3 Cup Seeds (sunflower, pumpkin etc)
- 1/3 Cup Raw sugar
- 1 Cup Rolled oats
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Margerine
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Preheat oven 170*C
- In a bowl whisk flours, nuts, fruit, seeds, sugar, oats and baking powder.
- In a microwave bowl or a saucepan melt the margerine and honey.
- Mix the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl mixing until combined.
- Grease and flour a macaron tray (very shallow cavity tray).
- Roll mixture into a ball (about 16) then flatten into the cavity, it doesn't have to be too perfect. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. If they brown too quickly turn your oven down a bit.
- Leave to mostly cool in the tray then carefully pry out of the pan. They shouldn't crumble if they are cool enough. Place onto a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air tight container.
Alternatively these can be rolled into a ball, flattened and baked like a biscuit or cookie. Use golden syrup or maple syrup instead of honey. If you like things on the sweeter side use caster sugar instead of raw sugar. Use all nuts or all fruit or all seeds instead of mixing it up, make it yours. Freeze in an air tight container.